Rihanna graces ELLE


The trend setter herself Ms. Rihanna graces next month issue of Elle magazine. In the article she discuss her family, her friendship/mentorship with Jay-z and that hair cut that had salons going crazy. Here are some snippets and pictures. You can read the rest when it hits newstands or at Elle.

Rihanna on her hair:

“I kept telling my managers, I’m cutting my hair. I’m cutting my hair. And they’re like, ‘How short? Not too short. Cut it how short?’ And I’m like, ‘Up to here,’ ” Rihanna says, raising her hand up to her ear. “They never believed me. So when it was time to do the album cover [for Good Girl], the night before I cut it, I dyed it black. We went straight to the photo shoot, and no one at the record label knew what I looked like. When we sent the pictures over, they saw the hair and they all loved it. They loved it.”

On singing in front of Jay-Z for the first time:
“I remember staring into everybody’s eyes in the room while I was singing, and at that point, I was fearless,” she says about the audition. “But the minute I stopped singing, I was like, Oh my God, Jay-Z is sitting right in front of me.”

On the rumor about a relationship with Jay-Z:
“Well, it’s crazy that you ask me that. People know that it’s not true,” she says, straightening up. “I think it’s kinda a cliché question, and people know it’s not true, so I don’t even know why it’s still addressed to this day. I get asked about it all the time and I’m like, You’re asking, but you know the answer. I don’t even like to address it anymore.”




0 comments: